March 11, 2011
Read the original post here.
To spoil you, here are the list of live versions of the (Disney) hit animation films using Hollywood stars.
- Rachel Weisz as Snow White
- Scarlett Johansson as Cinderella
- Roger Federer as King Arthur
- Julie Andrews as Pinocchio’s Blue Fairy with Abigail Breslin as her apprentice fairy
- Beyonce as Alice, Oliver Platt as the Mad Hatter and Lyle Lovett as the March Hare
- David Beckham as Prince Phillip from Sleeping Beauty
- Jessica Biel as Pocahontas
- Jennifer Lopez and Marc Anthony as Jasmine and Aladdin
- Whoopi Goldberg as the Genie
- Gisele Bundchen as Wendy Darling and Mikhail Baryshnikov as Peter Pan
- Tina Fey as Tinkerbell
- Olivia Wilde as The Evil Queen (Snow White)
- Queen Latifah as Ursula (The Little Mermaid)
- Penelope Cruz and Jeff Bridges as Belle and the prince (Beauty and the Beast)
March 11, 2011
I’d like to thank these people who have been keeping track of my blog and for commending me about it 🙂
Thank you Cesi Llanos for the blog feature and for the kind words! :*
(click on her name or look fir it in my blog roll to check her blog).
I was really surprised when I received this tweet.
This is what she wrote about me:
“3. sugarcoatedscribbles.wordpress.com – Nica and I met online way back 2008 (I guess), when Friendster ruled the cyberspace. We have common friends and we came from the same hometown but we never really met each other in person. I learned about her newest blog in twitter. When I saw her blog’s URL, I was like “WordPress?”. Honestly, I just learned of wordpress.com today (Don’t judge me, please). I had 6 blogs before this one – 1 Friendster, 1 Multiply, 3 Blogspot and 1Tumblr blog. Only one survived out of the six, igoforhonesty.blogspot.com. HAHA. Thank you Nica for introducing me to WordPress! Imma try my luck with wordpress now (FYI, I am seriously having a hard with wordpress, tsk).”
And France Dacumos for the double tag on twitter and facebook 🙂
People like you inspire me to do better and to keep going.
February 23, 2011
Woke up at 11:11 am today and made the biggest wish 🙂
It’s so nice to start the day right!
Read the first message in the morning ^_^
Found out that my mama already read my first post and her comments are always larger than words :’)
“Ticks” is what she calls me. It’s short for “Tickles” or “Tickling” because I am impossibly skinny despite my appetite 😉
As if my day isn’t getting any better, Myka, yes the aforementioned person in my first post recommended my blog!!!!
She’s not the only person who has included Sugarcoatedscribbles in their blog roll. Apparently, I got the first tweet reply in the morning from my friend I’ve known since we’re in diapers, Phyllis saying she has linked my blog too. All the way from Miami biyatch!! 🙂
I am so, so happy I have the coolest support system. I didn’t expect anyone to notice my blog when it’s not even 24 hours old haha!
So anyway, I am 10 minutes away from my alarm and I’m trying really hard to make this post quick. 5 minutes let’s do this!!
&& I am SO psyched it’s the LAST DAY OF DUTY for third year second semester!
Thanks everyone for even bothering to read this and for visiting my blog.
I’ll keep you on track this time. Bye for now!
P.S. please vote for HIM! calling all my Xavier University/Ateneo de Cagayan friends to participate the school’s wide election 🙂
February 22, 2011
Viola! After three years of thinking about keeping a REAL blog, here I am doing my first post for my lifetime commitment 😉
I just came home from my second to the last day of duty for this semester (HOORAY!) and for some reason after shower, the first address I typed was wordpress.com. My friend Myka, who is a very good writer and a certified blogger inspired me to finally take a notch higher and move here. I started blogging since highschool. Being a feature writer and a bookworm, i just needed a place where my thoughts could rest. But believe me,
grenix.blogs.friendster.com and nicaisme.multiply.com should really rest in peace now.
I have Tumblr by the way which is my messy and disorganized blog (but still keeping me awake) and now I’m glad that I won’t be spamming twitter that much because I am welcoming myself back to the non-stop ranting community! 🙂
I live in two worlds. One is a world of books. I am a free bird.
“I’m partly somebody else trying to fit in and say the right things and do the right thing and be in the right place and wear what everybody else is wearing. Sometimes I think we’re all trying to be shadows of each other, trying to buy the same records and everything even if we don’t like them.”
Being a person, I had come to realize, is a communal activity.
“Dogs know how to be dogs. But people do not know how to be people unless and until they learn from other people.”
—John Green (Zombicorns)
Sugarcoatedscribbles will be about random stuff:
- my rants, wants and cants
- songs I listen when words fail
- EVERYTHING. Hey, this is a blog right? 😉
So before saying goodmornight, I’m gonna leave you guys with my mom’s constant reminder. This is by James J. Kilpatrick:
Five common traits of good writers:
(1) They have something to say.
(2) They read widely and have done so since childhood.
(3) They possess what Isaac Asimov calls a ‘capacity for clear thought,’ able to go from point to point in an orderly sequence, an A to Z approach.
(4) They’re geniuses at putting their emotions into words.
(5) They possess an insatiable curiosity, constantly asking Why and How.
Tata For Now. I wouldn’t want to miss the LAST day of duty so I’m resting my peepers before the sun creeps out.
KEEP POSTED! 🙂